THE UNIVERSITY OF QUEENSLAND SAILING CLUB.
Address: Building 25,
The University of Queensland Union Rd,
St Lucia QLD
ABN: 68 168 395 674
Learn to Sail – 10 Weeks Program Level 1 & 2
Never sailed before? If you want to learn to sail, skipper a boat yourself and participate in regattas, this course is for you. The course runs from the start of the semester, one day a week over ten weeks. This program will get you to a competent level on the water. Take you through levels one, and two of the learn to sail courses, then develop your skills with the end goal of competing in weekend regattas.
$850 for the 10-week semester program
What to bring
- Sunscreen, hat, sunnies
- Water bottle
- Clothes you don’t mind getting wet in
- A towel & a change of warm clothes
- Closed-toe water shoes
- Recommended in winter: a wetsuit/thermal top as the water temperature is getting cooler
- Sailing gloves
What the program includes:
- Lifejackets and boat equipment
- Ongoing coaching on and off the water
- On the water safety boat
- Training review and development
- Lifejackets (we recommend sailors do buy their own)
- UQSAIL Shirt
- Racing membership
- Additional safety gear outside a lifejacket
- Outside regatta entry fees
What dates does the program run?
Training starts on the first Saturday of the semester and runs for ten weeks, excluding the mid-semester break. Exact schedules will go out after the signup cut off date.
Where does the program run?
The learn to sail program runs at two possible locations at the campus on the Brisbane River or the Humpybong Yacht Club. Depending on regatta locations, additional travel may be required.