Terms and Conditions
In consideration for UQ Sport Ltd, The University of Queensland and the Club permitting the Participant to take part in activities organised by UQ Sport Ltd, The University of Queensland and/or the Club (the “Activities”), or to use facilities and equipment owned or operated by UQ Sport Ltd, The University of Queensland and/or the Club, the Participant agrees with UQ Sport Ltd, The University of Queensland and the Club as set out below.
1. The Participant acknowledges that the Activities involve physical exertion and physical risk and could result in the Participant’s (or another party’s) death, physical injury, mental injury or other impairment.
2. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Participant voluntarily agrees to take part in the Activities at the Participant’s risk.
3. The Participant understands that the Participant may at any time refuse to take part in an Activity.
4. The Participant warrants to UQ Sport Ltd, The University of Queensland and the Club that the Participant has informed UQ Sport Ltd, The University of Queensland and the Club in writing of the existence of any medical condition or impairment that may affect the Participant’s ability to safely take part in the Activities. The Participant must inform UQ Sport Ltd, The University of Queensland and the Club in writing if any such medical condition develops during the term of this Agreement.
5. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that neither UQ Sport Ltd, The University of Queensland the Club or their employees, agents or contractors will be responsible for (and the Participant forever releases UQ Sport Ltd, The University of Queensland and the Club from, holds them harmless and waives all rights in respect of) any loss or damage caused to the Participant or any other party in connection with the Activities in the nature of:
a. death or physical or mental injury;
b. the contraction, aggravation or acceleration of a disease; or
c. the coming into existence, aggravation, acceleration or recurrence of any other condition, circumstance, occurrence, activity, form of behaviour, course of conduct or state of affairs that may be harmful to the Participant or the community or may result in harm or disadvantage to the Participant or the community,
except where that loss or damage is caused by the reckless conduct of UQ Sport Ltd, The University of Queensland or the Club.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, UQ Sport Ltd, The University of Queensland and/or the Club and their employees, agents and contractors will not be liable for any loss or damage of a kind described in clauses 5(a) to (c) above which is caused by their negligent conduct, unless that conduct is also reckless conduct.
7. For the purposes of this Agreement, conduct of a party is “reckless conduct” if the party is aware, or should reasonably have been aware, of a significant risk that the conduct could result in personal injury to another person and the party engages in the conduct despite the risk and without adequate justification.
8. Where UQ Sport Ltd, The University of Queensland or the Club provides equipment for the use of the Participant or others taking part in the Activities, the Participant agrees that neither UQ Sport Ltd, The University of Queensland or the Club will be liable to the Participant for any loss or damage caused by the use or misuse of that equipment, except where UQ Sport Ltd, The University of Queensland or the Club is in breach of a statutory guarantee granted to the Participant under Part 3-2 of the Australian Consumer Law (Schedule 2 to the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)) or the liability cannot otherwise be excluded or limited by law.
9. The Participant indemnifies UQ Sport Ltd, The University of Queensland and the Club and agrees to keep them indemnified in respect of any loss or damage suffered or incurred by either or both of them as a result of the Participant taking part in the Activities, except to the extent that UQ Sport Ltd, The University of Queensland or the Club (or both of them) are liable for that loss or damage under this Agreement.
10. Nothing in this Agreement is intended to exclude or limit the Participant’s rights under any law that cannot be excluded or limited and this Agreement is to be read and construed accordingly.
-Non-members must purchase a membership before the commencing of any trip or they will not be allowed to attend.
-Membership is non-refundable.
Tickets will only be eligible for a refund if a written request is sent within 7 days of purchase. However, there will be no refunds issued within 7 days of the commencement of any event unless under exceptional medical circumstances.
In the event of cancellation of an event due to weather or other circumstances, there will be either a reschedule of the event or a refund at the discretion of the club.
If you have any questions or are unable to attend an event, please contact us via email at [email protected] or through our facebook page.
UQSport Swim Assessement
In order to attend any UQ Sailing Club event you first need to complete the UQSport swim assessment. This can be done on weekdays between 9am and 3pm at the UQ pool. Alternatively, you can complete the assessment the morning of our social sailing days. In this case, ensure you are at the UQ pool an hour before the scheduled start/departure time for the event so as to allow time to complete the swim assessment, shower, change clothes etc.
In the case that you do not complete the UQSport Swim assessment, no refund will be issued.